Finally! Sony has just released the long awaited Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update for its flagship smartphone, the Xperia S (LT26). So if you own one, just check your phone for an OTA update and in case the update is still unavailable, this list will help you find all the currently released ICS software’s for your phone. Here’s the official statement from Sony Xperia Support after the jump.
"The Ice Cream Sandwich software update for Xperia S is now being rolled out. The update is released in batches, and below you will find links your phones list of all the currently released ICS software’s. Since there are minor differences in the software depending on product, country and operator we have a unique identifier that we call Sales Item (SI). The SI is identified by an 8-digit number in the format XXXX-XXXX. To find out what SI number your phone has, please take off the back-cover and check on your label."
What's new in Sony Xperia S Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich):
- An all-new Sony media experience with the new WALKMAN application, the Album application and the Movies application
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets (improved personalisation)
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
- The update is being rolled out in batches and will be available in all the regions over a period of time.
- When the update arrives on your phone you will get a notification. If not, you can check manually to see if the update is available for download.
Back to top
Top trending post