Finally! After months of wait, Sony just announced that starting this week - Xperia go, Xperia U and Xperia sola will receive the long awaited Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich software update. The update also comes with Sony’s new unique media applications – “WALKMAN”, “Album” and “Movies.” The rollout will continue over the next few weeks in the markets globally. So if you own one, just check your phone for an OTA update or you’ll need to plug in and upgrade using PC companion or Bridge for Mac. More details after the jump.
"We’re kicking-off the rollout today, and ramping it up over the weekend – from mid next week you’ll be able to see software kits as they’re released (customized specific to your operator and handset) on our support community. Please check-back then for the direct link and continue to do so, as the list will be updated when new kits become available." Sony Mobile Communications.
What's new in Sony Xperia go, Xperia U and Xperia sola Android 4.0 (ICS):
- New ways to experience your tunes, images, videos and films with Sony’s media applications – “WALKMAN”, “Album” and “Movies”
- Extended standby mode, increasing standby time by up to four times (depending on user-profile and data consumption)
- Lock screen with improved functionality
- Resizable widgets for improved personalization
- Improved control of your mobile data consumption
- Recent Apps button for a clear overview of your applications
- “Glove Mode” – a new feature in the software upgrade for Xperia sola (known as Xperia sole in some markets). It’s an extension of the “floating touch” technology that makes it possible to use your Xperia sola in the cold whilst wearing gloves!
- Sony Xperia go, Xperia U and Xperia sola users will get a notification when the upgrade is ready, but direct availability in the phone may vary across different markets and carriers. If not, you can check manually to see if the update is available for download.
- The availability and scheduling of this software upgrade and specific models upgradable to Android 4.0 will vary by market and carrier requirements.
For more information, please visit http://www.sonymobile.com/update.
Source: Sony Xperia Product Blog
Back to top
Top trending post