How to root MyPhone A848/ A848i Duo
So you finally got your new MyPhone A848/ A848i Duo, but can you download any app you want? What about custom themes? Do you ever feel like altering or replacing system applications and settings on your new phone? Luckily, Michael Campos of My|Phone A848 - A848i Group (Facebook) found a way on how to root your phone. Here's how to root your MyPhone A848/ A848i Duo after the jump.
How to root your MyPhone A848/ A848i Duo
by Michael Campos of My|Phone A848 - A848i Group (Facebook)
1. Download Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry_v17 from here: http://uploaded.net/file/xdevcthz
2. Extract the folder from the archive to any location in your hard drive using 7Zip or WinRAR.
3. In your phone's menu, go to Settings > Developer Options > Check USB Debugging and then connect the phone to PC with via USB cable. Windows will try to find the proper drivers from the internet.
4. Open the folder you extracted and right-click on the file RunMe.bat and click on "Run As Administrator”.
5. On the menu, there are two choices. Select "Normal".
6. Wait for a few seconds and on the phone, you'll be prompted with "Full Restore". Tick on "Restore My Data".
9. It will reboot and then wait for your smartphone to turn on.
8. ENJOY! You now have successfully rooted your MyPhone A848/ A848i Duo!
Note: Drivers if needed http://www.mediafire.com/?tlc8aa9hmocm44b