The Dinagyang Festival is a religious and cultural festival in Iloilo City, Philippines held on the fourth Sunday of January, or right after the Sinulog In Cebu and the Ati-Atihan in Aklan. The Tagline “Sum It Up To The Top!” defines the pathway Dinagyang takes for 2015 as the Philippines prepares for the Big Events for the Year: APEC Summit Meeting, Papal Visit, ASEAN Integration and Visit the Philippines Year.
The layout design is suggestive with a watermark M that spells out “Summit” and specific that the direction is “To the Top”. When you read it spontaneously and aloud the “Sum It. . .” could sound “Summit”, as well. It describes the inclusive transformation of the celebration from a simple religious observance to a multi-interest spectacle; indicative of the objectives of the Festival to project the City’s dynamic progress and cultural renaissance.
The highlights are composed of the Ati-Ati Competition, the Kasadyahan Festival, the foot and fluvial procession, and the religious sadsad or religious street dance. Here are some of the important events of the upcoming celebrations in Iloilo City.
- January 9 (Friday) at 3:00PM – Opening Salvo along the Street Parade Route (Iloilo Provincial Capitol to Freedom Grandstand)
- January 21 (Wednesday) at 7:00PM – Miss Iloilo Dinagyang 2015 Coronation Night at University of San Agustin Gym
- January 22-25 (Thursday to Sunday) from 5:00PM onwards – Dinagyang IHRRA Food Festival at Delgado Street
- January 23 (Friday) from 7:00PM onwards – 5th Annual Dinagyang Festival Luces in the Sky Pyrolimpics – SM City Iloilo Carpark, Mandurriao District
- January 23 (Friday) at 3:00PM – Salvo of a Thousand Drums at Arroyo Fountain Area
- January 23 (Friday) at 8:00AM – Tambor Trumpa Martsa Musika from Bonifacio Drive to Freedom Grandstand
- January 23 (Friday) at 3:00PM – Religious Fluvial and Solemn Foot Procession of the image of Santo Niño de Cebu. From Fort San Pedro to Iloilo Customs House, followed by solemn foot procession to San Jose de Placer Church
- January 24 (Saturday) at 8:00AM – Kasadyahan Regional Festival along the Street Parade Route
- January 24 (Saturday) at 2:00PM – Sponsors Mardi-Gras along the Street Parade Route
- January 24 (Saturday) at 7:00PM – Religious Sadsad at San Jose de Placer Parish Church
- January 25 (Sunday) at 6:00AM – Concelebrated High Mass at San Jose de Placer Parish Church
- January 25 (Sunday) at 8:00AM – Iloilo Dinagyang Ati Tribe Competition along the Street Parade Route
- January 25 (Sunday) at 7:00PM – Awarding Ceremonies at Freedom Grandstand
Here are the detailed schedule of activities and events of Dinagyang Festival 2015 below.