Alaska takes part in the worldwide celebration of World Milk Day (WMD) every 1st of June to provide an opportunity to focus attention on milk as a global food central to health and well-being across cultures and nations, and to highlight the contributions connected with milk and the overall dairy industry.
This year marks the 3rd year of Alaska in spearheading the World Milk Celebration by having simultaneous Family Run and Free Zumba events in Manila, Baguio, Cebu and Davao. For every participant, Alaska will be donating an equivalent number 1.8 kg can to Children’s hour.
Event details below:
- Race Day: May 31, 2015 (Sunday)
- Venue: SM Mall of Asia Concert Grounds (Blk. 16 Seaside corner Palm Coast Avenue)
- Start Line: Seaside corner Bayshore Avenue
- Categories: 100M (kids 2 to 5 years old), 1KM (kids 5 to 8 years old), 3KM Individual, 3KM Family, 5KM and 10KM
- Milk Toast: 6AM
- Beneficiary: Children’s Hour (For every participant, Alaska will be donating an equivalent number 1.8kg can to Children’s Hour)
Let’s run our way to good health!
For more info on the event, just go here: https://www.facebook.com/WorldMilkDayPH