Otterbox reveals certified drop protection for the new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus
New iPhone 6s owners need to go to extra lengths to protect their lifeline to the world away from those fateful bumps and breaks. Thanks to the new line of OtterBox cases launched today, there’s a case that has already gone the extra mile to protect the new device.
Available now for iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, OtterBox cases come in varying levels of protection from hard knocks. There’s an OtterBox for almost any scenario - from mums and dads who want to keep their phone safe from sticky hands, to on-the-go fashionistas who need protection from day to day drops, right through to the most daring adventurers.
The types of iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus OtterBox cases include:
- Defender Series, priced at 2,850 for the iPhone6s and Php 3,600 for the iPhone 6s Plus is a triple-layer, ultra-rugged case built for the most adventurous types. With a built-in screen protector to guard against debris, dust and grime, the case also has a protective membrane over Touch ID and includes a handy belt-clip holster for hands-free carrying.
- Commuter Series, priced Php 2,150 for the iPhone6s and Php 2,950 for the iPhone 6s Plus is a sleek and sturdy two-piece case that protects from everyday bumps and drops.
- Commuter Wallet Series, priced at Php 2,500 is a protective phone case comes complete with discrete storage and quick access to cash and important cards. It combines convenience, security and trusted OtterBox protection into pocket-friendly designs.
- Symmetry Series also retailing at 2,150 for the iPhone6s and Php 2,950 for the iPhone 6s Plus is an ultra slim, stylish and pocket-friendly case with all of the trusted protection [market] has come to expect from OtterBox.
- MySymmetry Series, retails at Php 1,750, is the slimmest case in its class with dual-material, easy to install and customize with ready-to-go swappable design inserts or clear back design.
- The new Strada Series, retailing at 2,150 for the iPhone6s and Php 2,950 for the iPhone 6s is a genuine leather folio with room for a credit card and provides a professional and polished take on rugged protection. Alpha Glass is coming soon.
All OtterBox case designs undergo a minimum of 238 hours of testing across at least 24 rigorous tests to earn the seal of OtterBox Certified Drop+ Protection. Designs are tested for UV exposure, extreme temperature, jeans pocket wear, abrasion, drop and so much more. The on-site, state-of-the-art testing lab houses various equipment, including a custom-built tumbler, thermal shock absorber, accelerated aging environmental chamber, as well as UVA and UVB exposure machines.
Steve Nisbet, MD of OtterBox APAC says: “Smartphones are such an intrinsic part of our lives here in Asia, but so often we forget to take care of them. Every one of our cases for the new iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus has gone through rigorous testing so that you know your phone can stand up against the inevitable drops, skids, slides and bumps of everyday life.”
The new cases come in a full spectrum of colors and all cases are available at www.otterbox.asia/making-the-case-for or from select local retailers. OtterBox cases for iPad Pro and iPad mini 4 are being evaluated and information on product availability will be released later this year.