The Honda Jazz dazzles in Lunar Silver Metallic
Honda Cars Philippines, Inc. (HCPI), Honda’s automobile business unit in the Philippines, releases the Jazz in Lunar Silver Metallic, a color emanating a tastefully upscale appeal that befits the pioneer in the subcompact hatchback segment. The Lunar Silver Metallic color option will be offered on all Jazz variants—the 1.5 V MT, the 1.5 V CVT, the 1.5 VX CVT, and the 1.5 VX+ CVT.
Versatility and performance complement the style of the Jazz Lunar Silver Metallic. Like all other variants of the Jazz, the Jazz Lunar Silver Metallic carries the patented ULTR Seat that lends a flexible and generously spaced interior. The ULTR seat can be adjusted to four modes depending on passenger and cargo hauling needs—Utility, Long, Tall, and Refresh (ULTR) Modes:
- Utility Mode – with the ULTR seat folded flat, the Jazz can carry two passengers as well as large items
- Long Mode – with the ULTR seat folded flat and the front passenger seat reclined all the way back, the Jazz can carry two passengers and a long item with a maximum length of 226cm
- Tall Mode – with the ULTR seat folded up, the Jazz can carry up to three passengers as well as tall items with a maximum height of 100cm in the second row
- Refresh Mode – with the front seats reclined all the way back to connect with the rear seats, the Jazz allows both the driver and the passenger to lounge and relax inside the car
Performance remains uncompromised since the Jazz is powered by a refined 1.5 liter i-VTEC engine that delivers a maximum power output of 120 ps at 6,600 rpm. The engine is mated to either a 5-speed Manual Transmission or a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) developed under Honda Earth Dreams Technology for a powerful yet fuel-efficient driving performance.
Besides having innovative and high-performance features, the Jazz trumps the competition in the field of fuel-efficiency. In the Department of Energy (DOE) Euro 4 Fuel Economy Run held earlier this year, the Jazz 1.5 VX CVT gathered a 28.6 km/L efficiency rating, the highest among other Honda entries and the best in class among subcompact hatchbacks. This is attributed to the Jazz’s ECO Assist System which consists of the ECON Mode that controls the engine, drive-by-wire, transmission, and air-conditioning to optimize fuel consumption, and the Eco Coach Ambient Light that changes color to indicate throttle input and promote fuel-efficient driving.
The Jazz 1.5 VX CVT and 1.5 VX+ CVT variants are also integrated with advanced features such as a 7-inch Touch Screen Display Audio, Hands-free Telephone (HFT) and Audio Streaming via Bluetooth Connectivity,as well as Touch Panel Auto Aircon that all add a premium appeal to the dashboard. Auxiliary, USB, and HDMI ports are available for passengers to connect and mirror their smart phones on the display audio with ease. Both Jazz variants are equipped with a Smart Key with Push Start System for added convenience to the driver.
Like other Honda vehicles, the Jazz is packed with safety technology for the peace of mind of its occupants. All Jazz variants come standard with Driver and Front Passenger SRS Airbags and Anti-lock Brake System (ABS) with Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD). Additional features like Hill Start Assist (HSA), Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA), and Emergency Stop Signal (ESS) are offered in the 1.5 VX CVT and 1.5 VX+ CVT variants, plus Side Airbags and Side Curtain Airbags for the 1.5 VX+ CVT.
HCPI is now accepting reservations for the Jazz Lunar Silver Metallic with the following suggested retail prices:
- 1.5 VX+ CVT – Php 968,000
- 1.5 VX CVT – Php 928,000
- 1.5 V CVT – Php 828,000
- 1.5 V MT – Php 788,000
Other colors include:
- Attract Yellow Pearl (1.5 VX+ CVT and 1.5 VX CVT only)
- Vivid Sky Blue Pearl (1.5 VX+ CVT and 1.5 VX CVT only)
- Modern Steel Metallic (1.5 VX+ CVT and 1.5 VX CVT only)
- Taffeta White
- Rallye Red