Huawei has just unveiled the Huawei P8 smartphone, a perfect blend of technology, sleek styling, usability and revolutionary low light camera features. The Huawei P8 is the culmination of the P series’ rich heritage of style and functionality, and is once again redefining the smartphone market with easy-to-use features that amaze and inspire consumers.
The Huawei P8 takes beauty to the next level, striking a flawless balance of artistry and creativity. Based on a deep understanding of human-machine design, the Huawei P8 delivers a new level of usability for applications impacting everyday life – at work and at play. With craftsmanship that pushes the bounds of possibility and new revolutionary light painting modes, the Huawei P8 provides consumers with an inspiration for creativity.
Continuing the minimalist design of the P series, the Huawei P8 embodies the ultimate in craftsmanship, durability and elegance. Notable features include:
- A revolutionary touch screen experience: double-tapping a knuckle captures a full-length screen shot; drawing a circle on the screen quickly captures content.
- A 2600mAh battery and Kirin 930 Octa-Core 64-bit chipset, delivering an outstanding performance outpacing the market by 20 percent.
- An optional E-ink screen on the back of the phone; the metal back cover can switch to an eBook in just seconds.
The Huawei P8 introduces a new philosophy for camera design leveraging a combination of hardware, software and proprietary algorithms to help users capture beautiful photographs, even in the worst lighting conditions. Features include:
- Industry-leading Optical Image Stabilizer technology up to 1.2°, enabling high-quality photos and videos, and managing camera shake so images are consistently sharp.
- The world’s first four-color RGBW sensor enhances brightness by 32 percent in high contrast lighting situations, reduces it by 78 percent in low light environments. DSLR-level independent image processor enabling noise reduction when shooting and intelligent detection of a high-contrast lighting environment.
The Huawei P8 has re-defined the industry benchmark for seamless network connectivity through proprietary Signal+ technology. The compact and powerful dual-antenna design plus rapid switching technology allows the smartphone to instantly switch between antennas, ensuring a continuous strong network connection.
Huawei P8 Specs
Dual-SIM / dual 4G LTE
64-bit Kirin 930 octa-core processor
Android 5.0 (Lollipop) with EMUI 3.1
5.2-inch Full HD (1920x1080) IPS display, 424ppi
13MP camera with OIS and 4-color RGBW sensor / 8MP front camera
DSLR-level Independent Imaging Signal Processor (IISP)
Huawei Signal+ / Huawei Roaming+ / Huawei Voice+
Li-Ion 2600mAh battery (non-removable)
144.9 x 71.8 x 6.4mm (dimension)
Color: Silver, gold, black and grey
Price and Availability
There are two versions of the Huawei P8; the standard device for €499 and the premium version for €599. It will initially be available in more than 30 countries including China, Columbia, France, Germany, Mexico, Spain, South Africa, Turkey, UAE and the United Kingdom.