Header Ads

How to save a water damaged phone

Be sure that the rice is uncooked

Did you ever swim with your phone in your pocket? This summer, a lot of us will either spend time on the beaches and swimming pools and sometimes, we forgot that our phone is in our pocket and carelessly getting it wet. Luckily, there's a way how to save a water damaged phone, just follow these steps after the jump.

How to save a water damaged phone:
Step 1
Don't panic and remove the phone out of the water as soon as possible.

  • Don't switch the phone on, as this can cause it to short circuit.
  • If you can't get to the phone in time, remove the battery while it is still under water.
Step 2
Immediately remove the SIM card and the battery.
Step 3
Remove all the accessories, peripherals and covers on the phone that can be removed.
Step 4
Get a clean dry towel and wipe off your device with it. Be sure to dry off your phone.
  • Do not attempt to use hair dryer. Using a hair dryer may force moisture further into the small components, deep inside the phone, as the air blows inward. And if it is too warm, it will likely melt them.
Step 5
Get a bowl or a bag and fill the bowl or bag with uncooked rice.
Step 6
Leave the phone, SIM and the battery in the bowl or bag of uncooked rice overnight. The rice would absorb any remaining moisture and it will be better if you will wrap it with a towel to absorb the moisture.
Step 7
Rotate the phone to a different position every hour until you go to sleep. This will allow any water left inside to run down and hopefully find an opening to escape.
Step 8
Check to see that everything on and in your phone is clean and looks dry. Re-attach the battery to the phone. Try turning it on. If it works then you're a lucky guy.
  • If your phone still does not work, try plugging it into its charger without the battery. If this works, you need a new battery. 
  • If not, try taking your cell phone to an authorized dealer. 

Source: wikiHow

Back to top

Top trending post

1 comment:

  1. Is it ok to cooked the rice after you've used it to suck moisture? i mean will there be no hazard about the battery might leaked and mix it with you the you are about to eat? :'3


Powered by Blogger.